Austria & Germany Agriculture Tour 2020
- Return flights from Dublin to Munich.
- 3 day/2 night B&B accommodation in Salzburg, Austria.
- Bus transfer in a modern coach.
- Full guide accompaniment, and provision of translation services (headphones provided).
- 4 farm visits.
- 2 x breakfast.
- 1 x evening meal.
- 3 x lunch.
- Protective shoe covers.
- Meet & greet with tour guide at Dublin airport.
- Flight to Munich airport.
- Meet with English speaking technical guide and bus driver. Transfer to Salzburg (Austria), ca. 180 km.
- Lunch en route.
- Farm visit en route, mixed beef/dairy farm.
- Overnight and evening meal in Salzburg City Centre.
- Breakfast and depart hotel.
- Transfer to farm visit, which is buying dairy-bred calves (at 80-90 kg / ca. 5-6 weeks old) and selling them around 220 kg (ca. 6 month old) - Fleckvieh Simmenthal breed. This farm also utilises a biogas plant.
- Light lunch, at second farm visit. Organic, family owned farm since 1776 with around 40ha and around 40 dairy cows (open stable). They also grow fruit and vegetables for their shop and have their own farm bakery.
- Rest of the day free time to discover Salzburg (evening meal not included).
- Overnight in same hotel.
- Breakfast and check out of hotel.
- Visit to a beef and pig farmer, who also has his own butchery. The farm has 150 Bavarian Fleckvieh oxen. The butcher's specialties are dry aged beef, oxen and a variety of sausages. Light lunch on the farm.
- Transfer for visit to a dairy farm. This family is involved in agriculture politics in the region. They are farming 100 ha and have 290 dairy cows plus offspring. They also have a biogas unit.
- Transfer to the airport
- Return flight to Dublin airport.